There are so many ways to save money on groceries at the store, but there are a few things you can do before going to the store that can help save you money and frustration:
- Get Organized
- Menu Planning
- Remember the list
- Remember your coupons
- Bring your calculator to figure cost per ounce/pound/square foot etc
- Talk to your kids before you go into the store. Remind them of the behavior you expect of them as well as whether or not they will be able to get a treat (piece of fruit or yogurt are a good choice) and what they can choose from. They need to be reminded each time you go to the store. If you prefer they not purchase a treat, bring a snack for them.
- Give your kids a job to do while in the store. This will keep them occupied and make them feel important because you asked for their help. Some ideas include crossing things off the list, putting items in the buggy, matching coupons, using the calculator or just pushing the buggy.
- Eat before you go to the store. Never go hungry. Going to the store hungry will set you up for impulse disaster. Everything will look good to you and you will be less likely to stick to your list.
- Bring a bottle of water to help stave off hunger and thirst.
What do you do before the store? Have any ideas to share?
Making a habit out of living frugal …..